Falling into Middle Earth...

...kinda...

Well, after a few awesome complete cross-stitch projects, I thought it would be a fantastic idea to start one of the things that I really wanted to do, thinking it wouldn't be that hard.

Didn't take into account how different stitching on linen if compared to stitching on aida cloth....

Or how small it would be...

Or how to read an actual pattern...

Or..

Well, you get what I mean.  However, I have started Heaven and Earth's Map of Middle Earth about two weeks ago and so far I think I'm doing an alright job.


So far, I think I've done an alright job!


But, it will be a long time in stitching!  First, I have maybe a fourth of the needed threads.  Maybe.  Might be less that that.  And on my budget, I'll only be able to buy a few threads a month (shipping can be a biotch, and there is no Michael's or JoAnns or anything like that where I live.  Yay for small town living... :'( ), and this thing is over thirty pages long...

Well, here's to me and my weird sense of 'progressing' from point A to point B.  "oh hey, I rocked that elvish design and the Winter is Coming on 14point aida, lets do this awesome map of Middle Earth on 25point linen!  It won't be that hard!"

Psha... yeah right....  Its been fun so far, and I will enjoy the coming months years of stitching one project.  At least I can do other things during it (like the ones for niece and nephew (and upcoming nephew due in March!!)).

When more progress comes forth, another update shall be posted for M.E.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Minis! Including nude females... and nude males. Be warned!

The minis have paint on them!!!! Don't Blink!

Lots of upcoming finished paintings, and more