The much anticipated finales...

...of the December cross stitches!  Oh so nice to finish the ones that I started (minus the two for niece and nephew... those will take some time yet...)  First, as said in previous installment of things from my boring life (which I plan on changing, and soon  XD), my sister's present was finished quite a while ago, but I didn't want her to see it.  Now that it is safely in her possession and no longer in danger from cats who assume they rule the household, I can put pretty pictures online.  It makes me happy!


 So the pattern is one I found online when searching for Lord of the Rings inspired crafts.  It is a free pattern from Hancock's House of Happy and I fell in love with it!  It says Mae Govannen (well met) in Quenya.  I changed the colors for it, as the ones I had would fit in with my sister's decorations around the house better than the green and tan.  Also, I didn't have any green or tan...



So, it actually didn't take as long as I thought it would take, especially seeing as it was the first cross stitch that I've done in over ten years... almost fifteen...  But anyway, it turned out pretty good if you ask me!  I had to leave out part of the borders because I did the idiot thing and trimmed my aida cloth too small.  Oh well.  I like the way it looks... I guarantee it...

Sorry... bad pun...

So yes, the finished, framed picture!!!  I got the frame at Michael's when we went to see my brother graduate from college, and finished it on that trip too....

A few days ago I decided to do another quick little cross stitch while watching Game of Thrones season 2.  They were showing it from beginning to end on HBO and it made me sooooooo  haaaappppppyyyyyy.....  I can't wait til it comes out on blu-ray... and for season 3 to start.... Anyway, back to the point...

I bought an adorable little pattern from CraftyCompanion on etsy, and it was so nice and quick to do that I finished it in three evenings, with only about an hour to two each night.
So, I failed at taking pictures of the progress on this one, but here it is!  White, silver and blue on a light blue 14-count aida cloth.  I tweeked the little bobbles on the four sides of the border because I needed to cover an ink splotch that somehow got on the cloth.  Overall, though, I think I did pretty well, myself!

And, all this practice will get me ready for my big project for next year.....  XD

Now this is something that I am SOOOO looking forward to!!!

Thats right... Map of Middle Earth... in cross stitch...  The large format one, if you please!  30 x 22 3/8in on 25-count fabric, with 63 colors.  Went with the big one, cause it will be easier to read the map....

So excited to get the pattern in the mail....  Then it will be gathering the cloth, the thread, and probably smaller needles...  I forsee this taking more than a year.... Probably....


Yeah, most likely....


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Minis! Including nude females... and nude males. Be warned!

The minis have paint on them!!!! Don't Blink!

Lots of upcoming finished paintings, and more