First Time Painting.....

....Miniatures, that is.  Yup, I have gotten into the realm of miniatures!  Eh....  one more thing for me to craft with, I know.  And yes, I know it has been forever since I have updated this blog.  Life seriously kicked in for a while, and I spent two months homeless (well, living with my sister while looking for a place I could afford), but I am now in my own apartment!  Which means, I actually have space to do a lot of my crafts!  Woo!!!

Well, I will be updating about the other ongoing crafts and stuff as I finally get around to them!  In fact, I started a new cross stitch, but I will not post about that one much until I finish/give the finished product to my friends for the holidays.  I don 't want them to get a sneak peak here.....

So yes, back to my quick little update about the miniatures I have gotten into.  I had never gotten into miniatures, even back when I played D&D a lot more often than I do now (I live too far away from my group, and I don't have a car to go see them often).  But then I discovered Stonehaven Miniatures on Kickstarter.  And I liked their Dwarves... so I backed them!  And then they did Gnomes.... and of course I had to back them then as well!  Especially when they made the little gnome chef with the butcher knife and skillet... which I was pushing for in the comments!

And then they did the Elves, which I wasn't going to back because my funds were quite limited... having just moved into an apartment, and startup costs and all that... but then they kept adding more and more that I liked... and I backed that one!

Now I'm broke....

But March will be my favorite month!  Birthday, Game of Thrones season 4, Stonehaven Miniatures.....

Yeah.

Well, now that I am in my apartment, and I have a little alcove that is my craft area (pictures will be added later, seeing as I am at my sisters' house, using her internet....), I have had time to start my painting!

And after watching hours upon hours of painting and basing tutorials on youtube, and on miniwargamer, and other various sites, I finally decided to attempt.

And, because the trolls are much bigger than the dwarves and gnomes....  I thought they would be a good place to start.  So, here are my trolls!  Now, I know... they need some touching up... but I did that already, I just don't have the pictures to show it!  So, if there is any advice for me, please let me know in the comments!  Also, I am working with about ten paints, so I am still building my paint supply.

So, without further ado, here are my trolls!




Yeah, the picture quality isn't the greatest... and the lighting could be better.... but hey, it was with my phone!  And I am working on getting a better light source.  But, gathering awesome stuff like that needs funds, and so will be a slow gather on my part....

Well, until next time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Minis! Including nude females... and nude males. Be warned!

The minis have paint on them!!!! Don't Blink!

Lots of upcoming finished paintings, and more