Halloween 2012 - Witch's Apothecary

So, this year I have been quite crafty, with tons of ideas swimming around in my little head.  Some of them made it to fruition this year too!
So, the whole shebang:


So, our whole front living room was transformed into a pseudo Apothecary, using tidbits of ideas I had found throughout the web as well as things that popped into my head.  Also, since I work at a liquor store (and love collecting bottles anyway) I have quite the collection of different bottles that I was able to work with.
Close-ups of the mantle.  The glasses (I have a set of 8) were left overs from a bunch of makers mark gift sets that didn't sell last holiday season, and we (the workers) got to buy them.  ((By the way... Robin Hood Men in Tights is playing right now... at the singing part...  heheh))
So, I don't remember what the blue bottle was, it was an imported nice wine, which then became the "Life Renewal Potion."  An empty bottle of 360 Vodka became a "Life Sucking Potion".  Both labels, among others, were bought on the Polish the Stars etsy shop.

And we continue across the mantle.  There are some Troll Nail Clippings (pinecone pieces), Belladonna, Jimsonweed, Snake Venom (Patron mini, lol!), Old Had Cackle Extract, Blood of the Undead, Powdered Unicorn Horn, Fire of Brimstone, Mummy Dust, and an awesome absinthe spoon to add some fun!

Consecrated Ground (which my niece had fun filling with dirt), Love potion, Deadly Nightshade (from my sister's garden)  cinnamon sticks, more glasses and candles, Blowfly larvae.

The most delicious vodka, Crystal Head (and yes, that is what is in that one...) Arconite Oil. Scream of Fright, Vanishing Potion, Elixir of Hemlock.  And yes, there is a bottle of Makers Mark hiding back there.  I like the look of the bottles, with the red wax, and when I first saw them I thought of how they would go good as some sort of Halloween decoration.
 Fairy Essence, next to a bottle of what was to be labeled Undiluted Mermaid Tears, who's label did not find its way onto the bottle...  My printer ran out of ink.
 This little poison set (Also from Polish the Stars on Etsy), sneaked its way to a little corner of the shelves.
 Also a sign that did not get printed out...  Twas going to be a sign stating "Chopped Pixie Wings and Ground Fairy Dust."
 Of course, any proper Witch's Apothecary is not complete with a bottle of Wolfsbane Potion.
 And the little mini shelf.  And yes, that is a bottle of Edward Cullen's Ashes.  Thank you Polish the Stars!
 My little tribute to Skyrim, just for my nephew!  Fire Salts, Salt Pile, and Void Salts.  And a little bottle of Unicorn Mane, also without a label.  Poor bottle.
And, Last but Certainly not Least....
The beginnings of my Vampire Hunters Kit.  Yup!  This one I think will take me another Halloween to perfect.  Just need to find an awesome little bottle for the Holy Water, a pistol (replica, probably...), some stakes, and a small little Holy Bible.  There are some pretty cool Vampire Hunting kits out there.  Really, its true!


Anyway, I will post some more pictures of some of the other things that I did for Halloween this year, including a little nod to The Lord of the Rings.  Ahh, pipe-weed!

Till next time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Minis! Including nude females... and nude males. Be warned!

The minis have paint on them!!!! Don't Blink!

Lots of upcoming finished paintings, and more